Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 MSB Cy Young Award Voting (Read 1753 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 MSB Cy Young Award Voting

The candidates for the 2018 MSB Cy Young Award come down to just 3 pitchers.  Certainly, one might be tempted to write-in Justin Verlander, Lance Lynn, or Clayton Kershaw, but I’d be willing to bet the only owners who’d do that were those players’ GMs. 

The numbers are hard to argue with regarding what we can call “the big three” for MSB in 2018 (in no particular order): Max Scherzer (Hogs); Corey Kluber (Landlubbers); and Chris Sale (Nomads).  All three are in the top 10 in nearly every single major category: Wins, ERA, Strikeouts, BAA, OBP, SLG, Hits per 9, Runners per 9, and Quality Starts.  In fact, in 5 of those 9 categories, these 3 pitchers make up the top 3, in varying orders. 

I’ll let each of you check out the numbers for yourselves using the DMB database or this website (front page, bottom left, league statistics), and a write-in vote option is provided if you’re so inclined.  Please select "write-in," then use the comments section to name your player. 

Voting is open for 7 days.  Once you vote, you will then be able to see the current results in real time.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: 2018 MSB Cy Young Award Voting

Reply #1
Kills me to vote against my boy Sale, but Kluber was brilliant this year.  Sales #2
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
For me this was pretty easy, Kluber in a landslide. Nothing against Sale or Scherzer (or some of the others who had good seasons as well) but Kluber was pretty dominant. When you lead the league in batting average against, on-base percentage against, and slugging percentage against plus ERA,, WHIP, wins, winning percentage, complete games - well, you get the idea...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
Robots vote for Kluber...

Reply #4
Sale's 330 K's was impressive but I had to vote for Kluber.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #5
Congrats to the Landlubbers' Corey Kluber in a landslide victory for the 2018 MSB Cy Young Award.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion