Skip to main content
Topic: MVP (Read 2629 times) previous topic - next topic

MVP

Please vote and we'll pull the voting back up for fun after the season and see how we did :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: MVP

Reply #1
It looks like you get three chances to vote for Miggy in the poll but I think Freddie Freeman brings home the hardware. Some will argue for Mike Trout's better season but Freeman carrying his team to the championship will give him the edge over Trout.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #2
Wow, that's weird. I was doing this fast before I had to leave the house but I can promise you I wasn't intentionally trying to stuff the ballot for Miggy. Let me see if I can fix that
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
Much better, sorry about that...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
This was by far the hardest vote for me, so many ways this could go...

I picked Altuve but I don't feel strongly about it by any means...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
Trout deserves to have an entire shelf of real-life MVP's already. He is simply the best and everyone else is playing for 2nd place.
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #6
Trout deserves to have an entire shelf of real-life MVP's already. He is simply the best and everyone else is playing for 2nd place.
For the $33.25M annual salary that kicks in starting 2018, he better be.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #7
My #2 pick (I picked Arenado... his defense and all-around ability is unquestionably the best, IMO) would be Jose Ramirez, who isn't even on the list.  That kid had a great all-around year and can play 4 positions. 

Reply #8
Ramirez is another guy who just missed the list, and the polls wasn't put together scientifically by any means. I intended to cut it off at 10 but there was some more guys I wanted to add. Where do you cut this off at? 10, 15, 20, 30? I wasn't sure so I just put some names out there and added a 'Field' option for anyone I might have excluded...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #9
Ramirez is another guy who just missed the list, and the polls wasn't put together scientifically by any means. I intended to cut it off at 10 but there was some more guys I wanted to add. Where do you cut this off at? 10, 15, 20, 30? I wasn't sure so I just put some names out there and added a 'Field' option for anyone I might have excluded...
Oh, I didn't mean to sound snooty about Ramirez missing.  I've done these lists before - it's time consuming to track more than FIVE players!  I just wanted to be sure the "field" option was what I thought it was. :)

Reply #10
Altuve had a fine year, but he probably won't make the final cut for MVP after hitting .285/.334/.419 with 38 doubles, 13 HR, and 32 SB.

Betts? Definitely not after what had to be a disappointing .238/.289/.383 season.

The only other guy with multiple votes was Trout, and he was solid of course. Once the season finishes up I'll post the actual balloting for MVP
Rod
Scurvy Dogs