Skip to main content
Topic: March Madness (Read 4191 times) previous topic - next topic

March Madness

I don't know why I didn't think of it, but we should have done a bracket challenge  for the league.  Next year.

How many of you all love March Madness?  Are you rooting for a particular team?  Whose on your sleeper list?  I'm liking South Dakota State.  Whose going to win it all?  I wanted to pick more of a surprise but just couldn't go against Virginia this year.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Re: March Madness

Reply #1
I'd be in on a bracket challenge for sure.  Don't watch near as much college ball as I used to or would like to, but I do love the tournament.

This year I'm picking Gonzaga.  As for sleepers, I think the WHOLE field is this season!  UVa was clearly the class of the regular season, but I very easily see even them getting knocked out by someone unforeseen.  I just think this season is so wide open, there really isn't a sleeper in the bracket.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #2
I'd do a bracket if we had one. I'm in one other bracket and picked Virginia to win. Certainly don't take my advice though. I watch very little basketball except for in March and I only watch then to see how my bracket is doing...it gives me someone to cheer for.

edit: Forgot to mention, I don't really have a sleeper but will be pulling for Michigan.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #3
Whose on your sleeper list?  I'm liking South Dakota State.

Go Jackrabbits :)
Since Iowa decided they didn’t need to play any defense this year (seriously, it was really bad. It’s like they were allergic to guarding anyone) and didn’t make it I guess I can root for the local squad.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
I'd do it! 

Go AZ WILDCATS, BABY!!!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #5
Not looking good for South Dakota St.  Bummer!

I had the Loyola-Chicago though.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #7

PAC 12 done after the 1st round. That loss to Buffalo and former Missouri PG Wes Clark cooked one of my brackets. I entered four different pools.  Arizona, Missouri, Xavier and I believe popular Pick Villanova were my champions.

I sure do hope that Mizzou shows well on Friday night. Tough one, I've been a FSU fan in the past, but mostly Football. There was a time where more Garnett and Gold hung in my closet than Black & Gold.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #8
PAC 12 done after the 1st round. That loss to Buffalo and former Missouri PG Wes Clark cooked one of my brackets. I entered four different pools.  Arizona, Missouri, Xavier and I believe popular Pick Villanova were my champions.

I sure do hope that Mizzou shows well on Friday night. Tough one, I've been a FSU fan in the past, but mostly Football. There was a time where more Garnett and Gold hung in my closet than Black & Gold.
Yep. It is officially baseball season in Tucson for this guy.  Bummer of a loss in a frustrating season.

Reply #9
Arizona got CRUSHED!  I didn't watch; what was the issue?  Did they just give up?
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #10
Different question, but kind of along the same lines.

If I setup a standard fantasy baseball league on ESPN would there be interest from the league? Totally independent from your Mutiny roster, just something to do.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #11
Arizona got CRUSHED!  I didn't watch; what was the issue?  Did they just give up?

I heard the payments to the players stopped and the players refused to play for free

:)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #12

If I setup a standard fantasy baseball league on ESPN would there be interest from the league? Totally independent from your Mutiny roster, just something to do.
I'd be interested.

Reply #13
I watched... Ugh. 

You could tell from the start that Buffalo was WIRED for this game.  They are an extremely fast team, well coached, and well prepared.  They simply outplayed my Wildcats.  Knocking down 3's, hustling big time on defense, and had a great game plan against DeAndre Ayton and Alonzo Trier, pretty much limiting them to minimal impact.  I'm interested to see how they fare against Kentucky.

Reply #14

I'd be interested.

Anyone here play in Ottoneu Leagues (https://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/)?
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken